Sunday 20 May 2012

Firetail Folly.

So, how about that D3. 

Just kidding, not going to do a post about that. I've put some time into it in between my roams over the last few days, it's enjoyable, but I doubt it's going to break the hold on me that Eve currently has, especially once I finally am able to start flying Cruisers decently later this week. I've got a fully fit Rupture and Stabber sitting and waiting for me, though I've not heard much good about the Stabber, I figure it's worth giving it a shot. Fully fit, I doubt it runs anymore then my Firetails have been.


On one of my more un-eventful roams, I eventually came across Celebris Nexterra. He was flying something that was a little more then my Firetail could handle, but offered to re-ship into something for a frigate 1v1. Having had no action that night, I decided it was better then nothing. Heading to his home system, we fleeted up and I waited for him in a safe. Not quite knowing what to expect, I was spamming my scan button and soon saw a  Federation Navy Comet on scan. Seeing that, I didn't worry about re-loading my guns, which I default to barrage in most cases, so I prepared to get the fight underway. He landed 30k off of me, and soon I realized I was in trouble, I wasn't able to do any meaningful damage to him, and he was just picking away at me with his railguns. Unable to get away, and having a lapse of brainpower as I was trying my hardest to get away, I never used my tracking disruptor, which quite possibly could have turned the table on the fight. I warped my pod out, and exchanged GFs in local.  

This is something I need to catch myself on more often, not using all my modules. I love flying things that have more to do with them then just hit orbit, and guns, and hope you win. Coupled with preferring brawling to kiting, and it really has lead to me loving the active tanked/TD Firetail.

[Republic Fleet Firetail, Dogfight!]

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
E5 Prototype Energy Vampire

X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Experimental 1MN Afterburner I

Small Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Damage Control II

Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

While I do love the fit, and it's probably my most flown ship these days, I do find the ships I can engage with it to be lacking at times. I'm sure it may be able to drop some turret based AFs, and probably most of the turret based interceptors if flown correctly, more often then not I avoid the fights as I'm just not confident about being able to do it. I'll put it up against most turret cruisers also, but there just aren't many of those around without neuts. 


Anyways, I just wanted to throw a quick blog post out there. Also, to anyone who reads this I'd like some input again. The notepad document I've got notes about the fights on is getting rather large, and I've got a real long back catalogue of fights I could write about. Up until this point I've basically been keeping it chronological, but I've been thinking of just scrapping that, and writing about the best of the fights, and the ones that I think could be learning experiences for myself and others. Thoughts and opinions?

Fly Dangerous
'Chord

1 comment:

  1. the best fights and the ones you learned from are plenty. alot of fights are unremarkable, not worth writing about.

    ReplyDelete